Every innovation starts with a problem to be solved, a void to be filled, a challenge to be faced. What if cultural heritage could be a solution?
The ILUCIDARE project (Horizon 2020) has just released an Inspiration Kit with heritage-related innovative answers to nine questions:
- How to create opportunities to hear ‘silent voices’?
- How to embrace a transnational approach to the past?
- How can cultural heritage be activated in times of crisis?
- How to empower heritage institutions to engage in discussing challenging themes?
- How to introduce a participatory, inclusive collaboration into cultural heritage projects?
- How to use digitised heritage to engage?
- How to monetise heritage assets?
- How to discuss heritage in an entertaining way?
- How to use heritage to support education?
Each of them is then illustrated with case studies of projects that found a way to deal with a given challenge.
If you are interested in what innovation can bring to the field of heritage and want to learn or teach about it; if you are curious to find new opportunities to make the impact of heritage on our communities even larger; or simply you want to find out how others try to be creative and innovative when working with culture and cultural heritage, the Inspiration kit is for you!