Every innovation starts with a problem to be solved, a void to be filled, a challenge to be faced. What if cultural heritage could be a solution?
The ILUCIDARE project (Horizon 2020) has just released an Inspiration Kit with heritage-related innovative answers to nine questions:
- How to create opportunities to hear ‘silent voices’?
- How to embrace a transnational approach to the past?
- How can cultural heritage be activated in times of crisis?
- How to empower heritage institutions to engage in discussing challenging themes?
- How to introduce a participatory, inclusive collaboration into cultural heritage projects?
- How to use digitised heritage to engage?
- How to monetise heritage assets?
- How to discuss heritage in an entertaining way?
- How to use heritage to support education?
Each of them is then illustrated with case studies of projects that found a way to deal with a given challenge.
If you are interested in what innovation can bring to the field of heritage and want to learn or teach about it; if you are curious to find new opportunities to make the impact of heritage on our communities even larger; or simply you want to find out how others try to be creative and innovative when working with culture and cultural heritage, the Inspiration kit is for you!
The Inspiration kit is available as an interactive resource and as a document to download and keep by your desk.