On this page you can download all resources produced by the Cultural Heritage in Action project.
A sustainable governance model for transforming large industrial sites into cultural assets.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Local museum services delivering activities and creating tools for maintaining and improving engagement.
Investing in new generation museums to boost local attractiveness
Bringing culture to your neighbourhood
Helsinki & Espoo, Finland
Culture for children & youth
From a wasteland to a triple-helix creative cluster at the heart of the city
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Renovation of the San Pietro Benedictine complex: cultural enhancement and social innovation
Valorising migration stories to foster intercultural dialogue
Focus on community building and volunteering through cultural heritage preservation
Focus on participation and co creation through cultural heritage
Nord-Pas de Calais (Hauts de France), France
Driving territorial change through large-scale cultural investment
The Rotterdam cooperation model for safeguarding intangible heritage
Val Grande National Park, Italy
A rural participatory path of territorial enhancement in the Southern Alps
Adopt a Monument – inclusive cultural heritage for and with the people!
Old industrial spaces, new cultural uses
Central Scotland, UK
Rediscovering the Antonine Wall in Central Scotland
Lodzkie region, Poland
A rooted regional strategy to build on local heritage for social inclusion and revitalisation
Brokering cooperation and partnerships across regional hot spots of creative industries
Focus on transforming heritage buildings into cultural hotspots
Developing a local cultural environment programme with citizens
Creativity as an engine of economic and societal transformation across a whole region
How to boost your local CCIs? Advice, training and facilities/networks matter
Pushing for growth through creative industries
Focus on citizen participation in cultural heritage
Making the most of a unique heritage site through smart management and planning
Coupling private and public investment for cultural projects
Culture in “sleeping districts”: social cohesion, social innovation, social inclusion
Cultural Heritage: a powerful catalyst for cities and regions (2021): A publication capturing the main trends on cultural heritage management in European cities and regions. It is mainly aimed at policymakers from European cities and regions, staff from national and European administrations working in the field of culture and cultural heritage, and heritage practitioners.
Future creative cities. Why culture is a smart investment in cities (2017). This document aims to reflect, synthesise and connect the dots across the 150 cities and regions involved throughout the Culture for Cities and Regions project (2015-2017).
Cultural Heritage in Action: a catalogue of good practices (2020): a collection of 32 inspiring stories focusing on three interlinked topics: Participatory governance of cultural heritage; Adaptive reuse of built heritage; Quality of interventions on cultural heritage. You can also read it here.
Successful investments in culture in European cities and regions: a catalogue of case studies (2017): The Culture for cities and regions project aimed to examine existing practices of culture as a key element in local and regional development strategies under three dimensions: culture and the creative industries for local economic development and urban regeneration; cultural heritage as a driver for economic growth and social inclusion; culture for social inclusion, social innovation and intercultural dialogue
Introduction to the Cultural Heritage in Action web publication’s features. Watch the tutorial to find out what the publication has to offer!
Adaptive reuse of (industrial) buildings with a history. The second episode of the “sharing stories” webinar series.
Leads from Leeds: models of local authority-run museum services. A deep-diving session following our peer learning visit to Leeds.
Learning through, with and about cultural heritage. The first episode of the “sharing stories” webinar series.
Cultural tourism in post-covid cities. The third episode of the “sharing stories” webinar series.
- Reggio Emilia, Italy: Renovation of the San Pietro Benedictine complex: cultural enhancement and social innovation (document)
- Nantes, France: Focus on citizen participation in cultural heritage (document)
- A catalogue of case studies: a collection of 32 inspiring stories focusing on three main topics that are interlinked: Participatory governance of cultural heritage; Adaptive reuse of built heritage; Quality of interventions on cultural heritage. (document)
- Cultural Heritage: a powerful catalyst for cities and regions: A publication capturing the main trends on cultural heritage management in European cities and regions. It is mainly aimed at policymakers from European cities and regions, staff from national and European administrations working in the field of culture and cultural heritage, and heritage practitioners. (document)
- Cultural Heritage in cities and regions: challenges and trends throughout Europe. Discover how European cities and regions are making the most of culture and cultural heritage as a rudder to guide us through a changing world towards a future that works for everyone, and how you can put these ideas to work in your locality. (document)
- Recordings of webinars – videos to watch
- Podcasts – audio to listen to